Kirriemuir Seal Protection System
about the project
Rhead Group (now Costain), in Q1 2015, awarded Lagoni the Seal Environment Protection Unit (SEPro) controls system upgrade on the new Unit E compressor at Kirriemuir. This project was part of the National Grid Emission Reduction Project Part 1 (ERP1) at Kirriemuir Gas Compressor Station where a new electric VSD compressor was installed.
Lagoni were appointed the main automation contractor for this project to manage and perform the complete lifecycle of the project.
The activities on this project included:
• Replacement of Allen Bradley control system design and implementation
• Replacement of local panel HMI design and implementation
• Verification and validation of the replacement control system. This included:
- Loop testing
- Control function testing
- Protection function testing
- Interface testing with unit control and protection systems.
- Performance testing
• Operator training
• Operational support
More case studies...