ERP1 – Kirriemuir (Vent line replacement)
about the project
Rhead Group, in Q2 2015 awarded Lagoni the Kirriemuir Vent Line Replacement Control System Modification project. The vent lines on 4 x units at Kirriemuir compressor were modified to provide two separate vent lines per unit (one for routine venting and one for ESD venting) and to install new valves. As part of this project the existing controls systems on each unit required modifications to match the new configuration of the vent lines.
For each unit, the activities on this project included:
• Reverse engineering of PLC 5 control system
• Implementation of modification request procedure to manage the modification
• Design of control system modification including loop designs
• Assisted and participated in CHAZOP for the modification
• Verification and validation of the control system modification including:
‣ Loop testing
‣ Control function testing
‣ Protection function testing
‣ Performance testing
• Operator training
• Operational Support
More case studies...