Felindre Compressor Station
about the project
In Q3 2015, National Grid awarded Lagoni, the project to bring the Felindre compressor station into a fully operational state. This followed Lagoni’s previous success on similar compressor station projects for National Grid.
The Felindre compressor station was built in 2008, but was never verified or fully commissioned due to unavailability of stock gas.
To make the site fully operational, Lagoni provided multi-disciplinary engineering and consultancy support. Lagoni identified misalignments with the National Grid specifications and international standards such as IEC 61511, EEMUA 191 & 202. A further operability assessment also identified gaps between the design intent and implementation, due to lack of operational records.
The activities on this project included:
• Safety and control software design and implementation within the ABB 800xA
• QRA and consequence modelling
• Functional safety lifecycle management (IEC 61511), including SIL assessment, SRS, C&E, safety system modification, implementation and validation
• Operational procedures for Gas Network Control Centre (GNCC)
• Root cause analysis and fault finding
More case studies...