ERP1 – Kirriemuir (Vent analysis)
about the project
As an addition to the Vent Line Replacement project, Lagoni was contracted to assist in the performance testing of the ESD vents on the 4 x units at Kirriemuir compressor station. The testing was required to meet two key performance criteria, overall vent time and constant mass flow.
The activities on this project included:
• Planning of the performance testing that reduced the overall number of vents required thus reducing the environmental impact to as small as possible
• Data recording of process conditions during the unit vents
• Analysis of the data recorded against the performance criteria to determine overall vent times and mass flow rates. This required the calculation of mass flows from the recorded process data
• Report detailing the results of the performance tests and recommendations
• Provided support to Contain Engineers responsible for tuning the vent controllers
More case studies...