St. Fergus Metering Replacement
about the project
Mott MacDonald, in Q4 2015, awarded Lagoni the St Fergus Metering Replacement Project. St Fergus is a key gas terminal and top tier COMAH site and is capable of a throughput of 50% of the UK gas demand.
The project included control system and instrumentation detailed design and build to replace the existing flow meters.
The activities on this project included:
• Formal process safety assessment, such as SIL determination
• Hazardous area instrumentation design
• Brownfield ESD system modifications to IEC-61511
• Honeywell TDC-3000 control software design and implementation
• Replacement of Siemens PCS7 safety and control software design
• Control room SCADA / HMI design to ensure compliance with HSE’s human factor requirements, following review with the HSE during the annual inspection.
Following near completion of the design, Lagoni has taken on an advisory role to assist the end user plan the implementation strategy. This will avoid operational downtime during the implementation and integration of the system.
More case studies...